Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirbeefro

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
US
I am trying to do a clean install of windows xp on my computer. The problem i am having is when i try to boot from cd i get a no emulation error. then when i try to use the boot floppy disks. the system just stays stuck on checking hardware configuration screen. would anyone know what the problem with this is? could it be a bad bios or processor?

Thanks
sirbeefro

I just did a reinstall today, I get the no emulation message, but it still goes through fine, it asks me to press a key to boot from the cd. I would first check the cables on the back of the drive to make sure they are secure. Next, check the cd to make sure that it has no scratches. Was the drive working up until now? If so, I would suspect something's wrong with the disk.

Should this be a reinstall you may have to contact 'M/soft Australia' for a new number, and enter it via phone (Be on your phone while sitting at your p/c, as it is given out really fast, so you need to be on the ball, no room for slip ups, be warned.)That is what happened to me when I did a reinstallation

jonjontheMighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back