Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Wants me to compose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank668

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
CA
Hi, I got a problem here...

I am configuring a computer with a modem but Windows asks me to compose the phone number so the modem can just "open" the connection then "talk" with the remote modem.

This is the first time I see a problem like this one and I have searched around for "Assisted call" or "Manual call" but I am unable to find anything related to that.

If you know anything that could actually help me out them please give me a Whack!

Thank you, Frank.

Have a look at "Dialing rules" in the Help and Support program and see if this is what you are referring to.

Specifies whether to use area code and dialing rules for this connection. Dialing rules, which you can set in Phone and Modem Options in Control Panel, establish connection settings that are specific to the location you are dialing from. For example, if you are dialing from home and want to disable call waiting, you set this requirement in the dialing rules for your home connection. Likewise to get an outside connection.

318575 - Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back