Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp vs. win 2000 installing on LAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakone

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
Hello,
I wanted to get an opinion on weather to install win xp pro or win 2000 pro.
Here's my scenario all computers run p-4 between 1.8 to 2.8 MHz all have 512 mb this LAN consists of 8 computers 2 are mainly used for graphic applications like all Adobe products the other 6 just use Biz applications. In this LAN should I run xp pro on all machines or just stick with win 2000 currently I am running win 2000 pro is it worth upgrading?
Thanks
Any comments of suggestions would be great.

Rakone,

If you're running Win2k now and have no issues with it, I'd say just stick with that. Windows XP isn't all that better so not worth the cost and effort to upgrade in my opinion.

If you're running something else now (the title and the content of the post differ somewhat on this), I'd say go for WinXP, simply because that's the newest OS and will last you longer before you need to upgrade again.

My two cents.
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back