Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Services & Boot-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobStardust

Programmer
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Every so often I have problems on boot-up. After looking at the event log the problems, or some of them, appear to be :-

1. The DHCP Client service hung on starting;
2. The Windows Audio service failed to start due to the following error: The pipe state is invalid;

This happens about once in every 10 boot-ups. What is causing this and how can I ensure a clean boot-up every time?

I would make sure your windows xp is fully updated and got all the patches.

The problem with the DHCP service could be due to a network problem. Try assigning a fixed ip number to the pc and see if it works better.

Your sound error looks a bit weird but my first hunch is faulty hardware. You could try downloading newer drivers for the sound and see if it fixes the problems.

Having exact same issue... also affects the DNS Client service... did you ever get this error resolved, and if so, HOW??? I have even tried in place reinstall to no avail...

debonairOne

"I look in the mirror and what do I see..."
trex_walk_sm_nwm_2418_2808.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back