Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Xp security center update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick150

Technical User
Oct 22, 2004
GB
Hello again people just a quick little question for you this time :D

My windows xp security center is set up to auto update and install at 3 AM. Now if i turn my computer off at night (something i sometimes do, sometimes i don't) and theres a patch released ready to be installed, will XP automatically retry to download and install next time my computer is turned on or will it wait until the next auto update time??

Either looking for a definative answer or a reference to somewhere i can read up on this to find out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ricky

Would you believe it i look for an hour to find nothing so post question here. Once i posted a question the next web site i look at had the answer for me right there.

It seems if the power is off when update i scheduled then it will begin it (with promts) next time you log on!!!

Sorry People problem sorted

Ricky

you may want to consider setting the Update to notify you and not automatically update.

select the Custom Install option and review the updates prior to installing them. sometimes a patch or update is rushed and can create more problems than it cures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back