Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP: res// ieframe.dll/dnserror diagoff.htm IE8 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinbr

Technical User
Jul 1, 2004
US
Can anyone help? I keep getting the following error msg in the bottom left hand corner of IE8 internet page & I can't connect to the internet Tried Firefox but whatever web name I type into the URL, I get the message that this page doesn't exist.

On IE8 when I type the IP address of my router into the URL, it displays status of connected. When I check LAN settings, it is both transmitting & receiving packets.

Can't ping websites either.

Tried running every version of anti-malware/spyware/virus software I know of - nothing works. Tried disabling firewalls/phishing filters etc, but that didn't work either. Finally tried resetting IE & eventually reinstalled IE8 but still no joy.

Op Sys: Windows XP
Internet Browsers - IE8

Hello,
This an update to my question Re' res// ieframe.dll/dnserror diagoff.htm IE8 XP

In the safe mode using Google it works OK?

Gavinbr

Try setting your DNS servers to

(OpenDNS)

Then try again.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back