Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Pro Upgrade rejects Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdavis

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
CA
An associate of mine is having this problem, but I've never encountered this before and couldn't find anything in the forum, has anyone seen this before or can anyone offer an explanation/fix?

"I have tried loading Windows XP Pro Upgrade on machines with a Windows XP Pro upgrade licence(but no CD), it DOENS'T WORK! I have had customers who needed their OS reinstalled who had legit keys but no CD.

When I attempted to reinstall a Windows XP Pro Upgrade from a blanked Hard drive (no hardware change mind you) It refused the Key. I tried both a Full and upgrade copy, the customer had a Win XP pro Upgrade licence, it just would not accept the key ..."

Thx..Chris

If you have a "purchased" copy of xp then I would suggest calling Microsoft and they will issue you another key in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back