Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Pro Registry Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfu71

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2002
US
Need some help with a registry issue. Using a Dell Latitude D800 with WinXP SP1. Trying to start an application from the server, but receive an error regarding imagxpress.dll. This is when signed on as a user. When logging in as administrator, application runs fine. I believe there is some type of registry lock issue, but can't seem to find it. Also, when trying to install SP2, an internal error pops up and kills the install. Any suggestions on where to look.
Thanks

I assume that the program is a local run program with the data on the server. Given that its most likly its a permission issue. The programs on the local computer is trying to modify files that the user doesn't have permission to do so. (I have this problem all the time with Quickbooks) You can test this theory by logging on as admin and granting the user "Power User" permisssions on the local machine. Click on Start ---Control panel----Users. Click add user and follow screen pops. Log back in as the user and run the program.

As far as SP2 Make sure you are logged on as the local Admin, virus software is not running. If continuing to get the error google the message and see if that gives any info.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back