Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP pro error, what is up with this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtown33

MIS
Feb 1, 2006
US
Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found"

I have checked configuration
I have checked the users account

they are both fine.

To correct this issue try to remove the user from the domain then rejoin them. It worked for me this time

Try removing the pc from the domain and add it to a workgroup (existing or not). You may/may not be asked to reboot. If asked, reboot.

After you reboot, then add your pc into the domain. Again, you may need to reboot.

PRPhx (MIS) 3 Apr 06 15:55
Try removing the pc from the domain and add it to a workgroup (existing or not). You may/may not be asked to reboot. If asked, reboot.

After you reboot, then add your pc into the domain. Again, you may need to reboot. "

Also, if you use Active Directory you may need to remove the machine from there before readding to the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back