Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP or Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

stkarma

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
Trying to decide whether to go with winXP or Win2000 for new computers we will be purchasing for our network which has a NT 4.0 file server. Please send your suggestions.

When you buy the new machines, if you go with XP Pro, you are also licensed to install W2K Pro. That's a nice starting point. You have some flexibility.

I've been using W2K for sometime now and recently changed to XP and have been quite satisfied. It's not a whole lot different from W2K.

You have to figure that your next server change will likely be to Windows 2003 and not Win2k.

I just recently changed to XP from 2K. Now that the software support is better, i decided to go with it.

Not much different, but quite good. I would recommend XP, but really go for whichever is cheaper.

If your crystal ball is good, figure out which will be supported longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back