Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP not installing on C: partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdon

Programmer
May 21, 2001
ES
Hi,

I've been playing around with OverClocking and I had to reset my BIOS :( , and I'm now having problems installing XP.

I have a P5N32-SLI Delux Motherboard with Raid0 setup with 2 disks.

I have to re enable RAID on the BIOS, to start with.

When I start the windows Install, it insists on creating a partition on G: instead of C:

Anyone know how to get XP to install on C: instead?

Thanks,

Rob D

ProIV Resource Centre

so what other devices have you attached during install - as it sounds like one of those is 'C:' (I'm assuming no partitions on the raid array until you create one with XP install's partitioning tools) - eg, removable/zip drives.

Hi Rob,
Sounds like you need to install the RAID drivers from a floppy during install. You'll need to hit F6 when prompted by the status line just after booting from the XP CD.

Hi,

No removable drives on the machine. Nothing is plugged in.

I have a Windows XP boot CD that I created with the RAID drivers on it (with nLite) and I have used it before with no problems last week.

Its just since I have reset the bios, so maybe its something in there, rather than XP install...

Thanks,

Rob D.

ProIV Resource Centre

Unplug the memory card reader that is in place of your floppy drive. Then install XP, then re-attach the memory card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back