Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp microsoft programs wont run

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
I am running Win XP Pro on one of my computers and I have just encountered a problem. When I try to get on the web or bring up windows explorer or bring up the control panel I get the following error message

"This module was compiled with a trial version of Delphi, the trail period has expired."

This comes up in a popup window. The system does not shut down but it resets the desktop screen. I can execute other programs including MS Office 2000.

I have run McAfee virus program and it did not find a virus.

Any assistance would be apreciated on how to resolve this problem.

Use msconfig to and uncheck all the startup programs and reboot.

Does it still do this?

If not, check all the "safe" applications that you know of and reboot.

Is it still ok?

Re-enable the remaining programs one-by-one, reboot and test. You will find the culprit.

Im too am having exactly the same problem and it has only started Today.
I have tried the solution offerred. I have disabled all of the startup programs and rebooted. However the problem still persists.
I have tried restoring the system back to an earlier date and this doesn't work either.
I have found that if the computers clock is set to an earlier date, say the 1st November the problem disappears.

Any further help / comments would be appreciated

The beta for what ever program is on your and my machine expired today so if you set back the date it will still be valid.

I will try the listing of items above and see if it works on my machine.

I tried unchecking all of the items in the startup group and I still got the error message also.

I can't understand why the error occurs when trying to run 'my computer' 'explorer' or the 'control panel'.

Surely these programs don't use third party modules in their operation? or am I thinking too simplistically.

I'm wondering if it may actually be a virus that has somehow linked itself to the loading of these main windows programs.

Any clues ?

Also, if anyone has Hijack This! could you post the log of your scan before removal of this malware? I am curious as to how Msconfig does not pick the program up from the Run keys.

Thanks Linney.

Found the cure from your links.

Had to manually remove the dll, but everything now seems fine.

One other thing I have noticed since removing the dll is that a script error I used to get occurring in Internet explorer about every second or third page. This has now gone.

Good Job all round I'd say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back