Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP integrated install with SP1 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli1009

MIS
Jul 30, 2003
IL
Hi guys,

I'm trying to perform an intergrated install of Win XP, with SP1.
I located the Microsoft document which describes how to do this but i keep getting an annoying error :

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessary for intergrated install
Please check that:
a)No Network or copy errors occured during the intergration process
b) The format of the destination directory is correct.
The files to be intergrated must reside in a I386 and or ia64 or nec98 directory

I checked those stuff a million times and everything seems in order...any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Are u trying to install it from a network or CDROM?

Okay,
And the service pack files are in the I386 directory of the XP install?
Can u install a basic copy of XP over the network(without the service pack) over the network without any problems?

No, the service pack files are in a directory called "temp" which is on the same network drive where the basic copy of Win XP is.
Then i am trying to run

E:\temp\update\update.exe /S:E:\DisXP

and that is when i get this error...

E:\ is my network drive and "DisXP" is the directory in which the basic xp installation files are located...

Am i doing something wrong?

Hi,
I am not an expert on this however I do think that the SP1 files need to be in a directory called I386, and that this directory has to be in the windows XP folder.
Can u make sure u have everything backed up and try doing this?
I am basing this assumption on the error message "The files to be intergrated must reside in a I386 and or ia64 or nec98 directory"
Does this sound plausable?
JP

Thanks, tried it, it didn't help.
Will keep trying...[sadeyes]

Hi,
I am sure a more useful post will appear here before the end of the day,
sorry I couldnt help.
JP

bcastner, first of all thanks a lot,

1. The sevice packs files have been extracted.

i tried 2. and 3. , now i get a message :

" Not all files necessary to perform an integrated installation are present".

I really have no idea how it can be possible some files are missing :-(

Unbelievable but it still doesn't work :-( :-(
I've tried all the articles people recommended and went step by step. Still get this "Not all files necessary to perform an integrated installation are present" error.
Any other ideas, perhaps?
I'm really becoming desperate, since we need to implement RIS Server and distribute images of XP with SP1 within a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Your XP image is missing files, or they have been changed from the original release copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back