Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP hangs on shutdown if avaya Phone manager lite left too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick150

Technical User
Oct 22, 2004
GB
I have recently installed Phone manager lite onto my network and a new printer.
It seems to me that when i leave phone manager on and unattended for any amount of time the program hangs. It will not close not, neither will end task be able to get rid of it.
I try to close down my computer and it starts the shutdown process with somethign about a hiddenfaxwindow and then when it reaches 'closing network connections' it simply hangs again and doesn't seem to want to do anything.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to the latest version/patch but is there any thing else that could be going wrong???

Sorry it may not even be the Phone manager thats causing this problem but as it only started after the installation of both of these systems it's my best guess!!!

Please help

Ricky

Sounds more like the new printer driver causing issues to me - try removing it and see if you still have the problem. If so, look for an updated version of the printer driver - are you on xp sp2?

Peter

yes i'm on Xp SP2 and i shall try to remove the printer driver altogether and give it a try. I'm about to have a look through the event log and see if i can see anything in there that might give em some clue as to whats going on:/

Thanks for the response and i'll repost if i find anything

It will be more than printer drivers you have to remove
xp sp2 not supported yet.

Tra

aha thanks for that i'll get in touch with Avaya and see when there doing something about it :D

In the meantime i best get SP2 off all the computers. The logs didn't turn up much, a recurring 8021 error shortly followed by a 8032 error shortly afterwards :( This could be the cause of the problem i suppose but i'm still looking into it :D

Avaya have released a Technical Tip on Windows XP SP2 and the intial read is 'no problem' except for having to add the IP Office applications to the firewall Exceptions list.

There is some DCOM tweaking for IMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back