Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP error signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker69

MIS
Oct 8, 2002
GB
I just got myself a new system,
Athlon XP 2200+
A-bit AT7-Max2 m/board
512 of 400mhz winbond ram

It seems to randomly switch off itself, Once a blue screen appeared but then the pc switched itself off so i was unable to catch the error msg there, but frequently in windows it has been switching itself off and when returning back to XP leaves the following signature.
What does it mean? I've tried searching the microsoft knowledge base for it but i cant find it.

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 2D005941 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : EFEFCE27 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Please if anyone knows what it is, can you help me?

Many Thanks

Steve

Oh yeah and its Windows XP Pro with service pack 1 installed,

whoops left that out

Cheers
Steve

To get further information about the error look in your Event viewer.

Look in the System or Application folder. You can get to the Event Viewer via right click My Computer icon and select Manage.

Any errors logged in the Event Viewer can be expanded by double clicking on the error line.

Take any error I.D. number and search for it on this site.

Also check any "Information" line that mentions "savedump" and you should find reference to "recovered from a bug check". This is the Stop Error that caused your problem.

If your problem persists post back with this Stop Error.

You can also turn off "automatically restart after an error" so it will just halt at the fault and display the full Stop Error and blue screen.

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties .
On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery .
Click to clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure , and then click OK . The error message on a blue screen should remain on the screen so you can record the error information.

This is the stop error i get, can you help?

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0030439b, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804ec962). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101102-01.dmp.

this is driving me crazy, thanks for your help linney, hopefully you can help me some more

This stop error 0x0000000a gets a mention in the following thread.

Windows keeps on crashing. :(
thread779-375391

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back