Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Error 2117: What Is It? What Is The Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourls

Technical User
Oct 18, 2001
US
Hi:

I am seeking information on Windows XP's Error 2117. This error relates to the problem that I am having getting my HP Scanjet3300CSE scanner to operate with XP. HP has released new scanning software and a new driver. Also, Microsoft has released an update driver for HP Scanjet scanner. Initially, I had the problem of not being able to use the scanner session to session. It is USB-connected, but once I got the scanner on stream, it's accessiblity lasted for only the current session. After system shutdown, I had to play around with Device Manager to get the scanner going.

I cannot recall if I saw Error 2117 before or after I ran Windows Upgrade and downloaded the updating HP Scanjet driver. My system definitely finds a problem with the Microsoft driver. If I uninstall this driver then install the new HP driver I can get the scanner operating for the current session ONLY.

I have tried using System Restore, with the scanning connected(operating), but that did not change anything.

An aside: On System Restore, what am I doing wrong. My restore point set-ups "don't stick." When I return to use one of them, there are none. ????

Thanks,

Fourls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back