Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP and ZoneAlarm Pro v. 3.0.082 - request for Trusted Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroka

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
IL
Hi,
After installing WIndows XO Professional - I added my favorite firewall - a licensed version of ZoneAlarm Pro.
I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to the latest version, I agreed and the result was version 3.0.082.
While it looked at first that just the interface was changed, I also discovered that even though the configuration process seem to be able to find the correct settings for the ADSL hookup I have (it verifies, I think within the Trusted Zone the Ethernet card and then the ADSL modem) - the end result is that today - as I am assigned a different IP address each time I hook up to the Internet - I get asked again and again to verify the conection as a Trusted Zone. If I don't - I won't be able to get out into the Internet.

Before the new version - I had to verify two conections as trusted and it never asked me again to verify the connections as trusted. I think one was the Ethernet (LAN card) and the other was the ADSL Modem. The way it's working now is realy annoying!
Does anyone know why it does this and can I prevent this from happening? Should I use a diffeent set of settings?!
Eroka.

Go back to the zonealarm download site, I am on my third revision of V3, up until this one (3.026 I think) v3 could not or would not save it's settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back