Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows will not let me install a CD-rom why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i had a cd rom all ready in my computer. and i went to install a burnner. it all went great. then re now i cant see the CD rom or the burnner

does the system see the CD`s in the bios?
if you don`t know about the bios, see when it boots if it lists it in the startup, after the hard drive(s).
If not then the cable may be lose.

Or conflicts. What are the settings and where on the cables are they plugged in? Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Did you set the jumpers correctly on the burner?

If it's on the same IDE channel as the CD-ROM, one must be set to master and the other to slave.

If it's on its own channel, it should be set to master. Most CD drives seem to be set to slave by default, so this might be the problem.

My $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back