Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINDOWS VISTA DRIVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzulli

Programmer
Mar 4, 2004
VE
I recently purchased a Dell laptop with Windows Vista OS and many devices are not recognised by Vista, for example: Floppy Drive, Wireless Mouse, Memory Sticks and others. Is very difficult to install the devices because can't be finded easily on the net. What can I do ?

If it is a Dell laptop just go to click on Support and Help then Drivers and Downloads, click on Enter Tag and enter the service tag from the bottom of your laptop. That will get you to the driver area for your specific laptop and then download all the ones you need. Specifically it sounds like you need the chipset driver, you want to make sure you install that the VERY first thing otherwise you could run into problems. Dell is funky that way. Once it is installed then you can install the other drivers.

Cheers
Rob

The answer is always "PEBKAC!

If machine is not recognising Floppy Drive, Wireless Mouse, Memory Sticks there's something odd going on (is it an external floppy, as laptops do not have them installed nowadays). Wireless mouse & memory sticks operate through USB interface, and should be detected and have drivers installed automatically by vista. I'd contact Dell, and tell them you have a problem with laptop. It sounds like (at least) the USB interface is not working. Is it all usb ports?

Thanks guys, I will try all that and if it will not work I will post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back