Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingAce

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2007
How do I determine which updates were last installed on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server? My boss, in his infinite wisdom, descended to turn on automatic download/install of Windows updates and it crashed one of my components in a Web application.

If you go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel under Change/Remove Programs --> click on the show update check box. This will show you all patches/hotfixes and the date they were installed. Hope this helps

you can either do as above or check the system event log.
I think all patches have an event source like "NT ServicePack".
if you open those events it'll tell you what patches were applied.

Paul Thomas
N+, MCP, MCSA

Network+ - Passed
70-210 - Passed
70-290 - Passed
70-291 - Passed
70-293 - Passed
70-294 - Passed
70-284 - Passed
70-297 - Loading...

My home PC is equipped with Windows 2000 Prof. SP4. It constantly halts, and yield blue screen with memory dump address while surfing on the net.

I want to reload the OS and apply latest fixes, SP, etc.. Is there any list of sequential steps I must go thru to load? By the way, This home comp. is mostly used by my 2 little girls. Thanks in advance. Regards;

Mitvon, you'd be best served to create another thread since this is not related to the original post. But in a nutshell
- Load the OS
- Connect to Windowsupdate.microsoft.com to have it install your patches
- Install your Antivirus software and proceed to update it
- Install your applications

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back