Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishman13

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
US
Does windows have a way of running a batch script every x minutes (similar to a unix cron job). We are trying to have windows ftp to another machine and pull back files automatically. We currently have a icon on the desktop that we click that does this for us, but we need it to initiate it every five minutes.

I believe that "task scheduler" can be set up to call a batch file, just set it to call it every five minutes....

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

I was looking at task schedular, but could not break it down to run every five minutes. I could only get it once per day, unless I created a new task.

Click on Start-->Programms-->Accessories-->System Tools--> Scheduled Task.

Click on Add Scheduled Task-->Next--Select the Batch file by pressing Browse-->Then Select Daily-->GIve the time when u want to start the Task-->Next-->Finish

Your can see the task in the list.

Then go to the properties of this task and select Schedule-->Advance-->Then place a check mark in front of Repeat Task and specify the time at which u want to repeat and for how many hours.

PSingh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back