Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows shortcut keys for director

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrytwinkle

Technical User
Dec 23, 2002
SG
I doing a database using director which user are allowed to type in the data. But they are not able to copy the text in the fields or paste into them.
Is there any way or codes I can use?
Thank YOu.
Please help.

In your movie proerties, there is a checkbox for enableeditshortcuts or something similar.
That allows you to disable common keyboard shortcuts for copy, paste etc..

Mayuresh

Thanks Alot I will try it out tomorrow.
Anway do you have any idea how to connect MS Access Db to Director?
Thank You Again. :)

hmmm... it works!!! thank you. but then the normal right mse click does not work. any idea how i could enable that?
thanks

Hi,

I see you are asking about Director and Access databases,
I'm about to do the same and have already checked out the various alternatives, V12, Valentina, FileFlex and ADO Xtra.

As this is a CD rom project and I only need to read the Access database I have elected to buy ADO Xtra Lite at $199.
This is capable of reading straight from the Access database and is not a standalone program like V12.

If you do go down the ADO Xtra route let me know, we may be able to assist each other.

Regards
AJJA17

Thank You. The thing is I am working on a project in a company but as an attachment from school. I have to make use of what they have instead of asking them to buy. Therefore I am finding ways which I can do this without any extras. FOr now I am developing a database in director itself which can satisfy the needs of the company but I still need to do another vsersion that have to suit the school criteria of using a REAL database program because I need to add in design of the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back