Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows services 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezradibiase

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
IT
Hi all,

I would like to know how to manage with the services of Windows 2000 Server.
I can work with the cluster's resources... but not with the system services.
Is there a tool that I have to install?

Thanks a lot.
Ezra

Hi,
if you are working with HP/Compaq hardware, you can use the process monitor availabe in HP Management Agent for Server to monitor your services.

Thanks for your reply.
Could you tell me which version do I need?

Thnaks

the latest version for 2003 is ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 7.00a. For windows 2000, I think it's version 6.4. Just check on HP website. Keep in mind that this agent is only working on HP hardware. If you have IBM or DELL server, you will need to find something else (scripting) check Microsoft script center web site for more information about monitoring services.

Thank you.

...maybe I'm a little silly...

I checked in the Compaq Management Agents the tab named Process Monitor - then I added the processes as "start&stop" but I cannot manage them in the browser.

I can I work with them?
Thanks again

Insight Manager cannot manage services,I mean it's a monitoring tool. With this agent you can monitor if services are ok or not. but you will not be able to start/stop/pause services via IM7. You will have to use a tool like Hyena to do that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back