Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Server Is Out Of Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydny

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
Every day Event ID 202 is showing up in my Application Log. It says, "The product Windows Server is out of licenses. Use License Manager from Administrative Tools folder for more info on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased."
I have 150 licenses and about 100 users. I have been going into license manager and revoking any licenses that have expired or are no longer being used. The problem is that the next day, the licenses that I revoked come back and the error 202 comes back. Is there any way to permanantly remove these expired licenses so that the error does not come back and that the licenses will be correctly reported in license manager?
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Turn off the License Logging Service, maintain enough licenses for your users, and move on to the next problem.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back