Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Server 2012 Failover Clustering hardware requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSLOY

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
NO
Dear All

I have had a customer who requires a more robust system and I have read a little about failover clustering but I am having problems with conflicting opinions in regard to hardware requirments. Is it possible to use 2 identical or very similar servers with each its own a internal Raid card and SAS disks or must I use a SAN solution? The customer currently has a SBS 2008 server with SQL Standard 2008 and a 2008 R2 server which is a file server. Due to Hardware and uptime problems, I shall suggest to the customer that they shall move over to Windows 2012 standard and Exchange is outsourced to the cloud.SQL 2012 shall also be suggested with AlwaysOn Availability Groups to ensure availablity and DFS-R for folders. All suggestions are most welcome and many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back