Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Server 2000 File System exceeded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
US
I am new to this server administration but for now I figure maybe you guys can help till I get up to speed. This is running on a Window Server 2000.

I am currently getting the below alarm. How can I go about adding or increasing the limit? I checked and I have 5gb of space left on D drive. Also, will it require a reboot after increasing the limit?

Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

File System usage exceeded (Critical) Threshold D:\ Limit 98%

What kind of space do you have on your C:\ drive? Try moving your page file from the C:\ to the d:\ to start and try cleaning up your C:\ a bit.

RoadKi11

I think it's drive D: that is having the issue Roadkil1. If you have an alert indicating a threshold of 98% increasing the threshold won't help you .. you are running out of disk space on Drive D:. Check the drive to see what could be chewing up the disk (besides the pagefile).

Your right itsp1965, i misread that, my bad. Probaly need to run a chkdsk on the D:\ drive.

RoadKi11

Yeah, sounds like he's got a 100GB data drive on D:\ that's at a predetermined threshold. Free up some space and/or increase your array for D:\.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

The server currently have 12gb as the C drive partition and has 4gb left of space on it.

Drive D currently has 261gb and has 8.59gb left of space on it.

So if I was to just somehow move some data or get rid of some data from D drive, this should solve the problem. Or does it have something to do with threshold setting somewhere that I can increase.

Thanks for all your input guys.!

As I have indicated Protocol increasing the threshold temporarily solves your problem.. but you are better off cleaning up some disk space on drive D: instead.

hi folks - does anyone know how to disable these warnings for f.ex drive d: ? We are running Sybase SQL server where we get this alerts all the time because the data-file for the sql-server is using the whole drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back