Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows opened with script do not show links. IE11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
I have a web app that works nearly everywhere, in most browsers.

Just recently a client has been raising an issue and today I got to see it in the flesh, so to speak.

On the opening IE window, even in frames, there are little icons for things like printing and refreshing
and opening a date picker. They all show and the links work, as do the javascript routines where appropriate.

But, on this one client's pcs, when they open a new window from the application - using window.open() in javascript
the page opens in a new tab, but the icons don't appear and the javascript routines can't be fired.

On the newly opened tab javascript associated with a button or other HTML element works, so my 'Look-up...' button
works but the date pickers neither show the calendar icon or run the picker.

I'm thinking this has to be some kind of security thing - but I can't see it.

Any ideas?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

I can answer my own question!

The new tabs being opened were being done so in IE Mode 5, the reason why this is so on just a few browsers
is unclear.

The new tabs were opening in a frameset or in two iframes, although the HTML for each of the frames was properly
topped off with meta tags to ensure the compatibility mode was correct, the opening page was not, and IE was picking up
its own 'quirks' mode and settling on emulating IE5, which did not support some of the things on the page.

So the opening pages have had the meta tags entered and all work now.

On to the next IE foible

I am answering this in case I forget this solution when it bites me again later

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back