Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows NT computer using 2003 print server

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintblack

Technical User
Nov 1, 2006
US
I have an issue I am trying to resolve. We have ONE client still running Windows NT 4.0 on our network. We are trying to phase out an old NT server that used to be our print server. The NT workstation was able to print from the 2003 server for a few weeks. Then the NT workstation started to act up and kept asking for a print driver when attempting to print off of the 2003 server. All of the other clients (consisting of XP and 2000 Pro) are able to print from the 2003 print server fine. I have managed to pull the NT driver off of the NT server and try it on the 2003 server, but that doesn't work. The workstation keeps asking for an NT driver. Any suggestions?

clintblack,

I feel your pain. I would still be using my fine old indestructible NT 4.0 server if anyone made drivers for it anymore [smile] I cut my teeth on that baby and its 10GB SCSI drive...

You will probably find better answers here: forum55

It's where the nostalgia buffs hang out. I'm out of the loop as it's been two full years since I've cranked 'er up...but I'll NEVER throw 'er away!

Tony

Be sure to add "additional Drivers" to the 2003 print server, if you can get your hands on NT.4.0 drivers add them to the driver list, you should be fine.

Go to the sharing properties of the printer, click on the Additional drivers button, X86 Windows NT 4 is on the list, and is not installed, click on the checkmark and will ask you for those NT 4 drivers (if you got them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back