Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows NT compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Lewis

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
Scotland
www.ml-consult.co.uk
Are there any known compatibility issues when running apps developed with the CR 9.0 RDC under Windows NT?

I have successfully distributed my app it to the users' systems. Everything works fine, excpet for one machine, which gives various errors; these occur at the points in my code where I am trying to instantiate either crystalruntime.application (or crystalruntime.application.9) or the ActiveX viewer. A typical error message is "Invalid TLV".

The only unusual thing about the problem machine is that it is running under Windows NT, whereas all the others are Windows 2000 or XP.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Pgtek,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it didn't help. The only article relating to my circumstances was the one that told me to do CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application.9") rather than just CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application"). This didn't make any difference.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

For anyone interested in this problem, it has now been resolved.

To recap, I was getting various error messages (mainly "Invalid TLV") when running an app using the CR 9.0 RDC on a Windows NT machine.

As I suspected, the problem was caused by the operating system. The client has now upgraded the machine to 2000, and everything is working fine.

This is despite the fact that the NT system had SP6a installed, and Business Objects state this is a supported system for CR 9.0.

I hope this will be of interest to anyone else who experiences this problem.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back