Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows NT 4.0 dual NIC setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2002
BE
Hello,

I wonder if someone could help me. I have a PC that has Windows NT 4.0 server running and 2 NIC cards. The installation of both NIC cards went well.. they both are doing TCP/IP. One is connected to a Wireless LAN, and has a range of 192.168.5.X the other card is connected to a Lynksys router which is connected to the internet. The range of the secondary card is 192.168.65.x

I can reach the box from the internet, I can open the URL that points to the box.

The problem is the other NIC. This one was initially in the box and works fine from a hardware perspective.
When I try to ping a device on that subnet, it seems the traffic is going through the other NIC. So when I ping i.e. 192.168.5.10 (which is an Access Point on that subnet), the box comes back to me saying Reply from a router, destination host unreachable... How can I make that subnet work ? So when I ping on 192.168.5.10 it goed through the NIC that corresponds to that subnet ?

Thanks.

Do you have the routing service enabled on the NT server? If you don't you won't be able to ping across the subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back