Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows NT/2000 logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderow

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
Is there a way to totally disable the windows logon feature? I have a number of computer workstations that different people access and when they logon, it keeps asking for a password for windows. They logon and it won't let them change the passsword to match their Novell login password. It results in them not being able to log in. It's driving them and me crazy. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

right click on My Network Places choose properties, then right-click on the network connection you are using. Here you can disable windows logon altogether or use client logon or netware or whatever you want. Good luck

JR

does this remove the windows 2000 workstation login? I disabled the Windows client and I still get the workstation login after I login to Novell.

did you make sure all windows logon componenets are disabled in network properties, this will likely solve the problem.

You will always get the workstation logon. Try using users and password in the control panel. Go to the advanced tab. You can set the workstation to log on automatically. Not sure of how this will work with Novell network, but worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back