Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Networking & Printers go missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcstudio

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
GB
I have a windows nt4 server with about 80 users logging onto it. I have all flavours of windows from 95 to XP. The problem i have is with windows XP & 2000 and one of our NT workstations now. The problem is network printers go missing or can't be found even if you type in the exact path also the windows networking does not show all users on network etc. However using a windows 95/98 machine the whole network looks fine. All machines are logging onto the domain fine. Any help or suggestion would be great?

I have to ask if there's a specific reason you're still using an NT 4.0 server as a print server. Both HP and Lexmark both have TCP/IP print clients that work very well.

No we are not using the NT4 as a printer server it is just a dchp server and email/internet. The printers are on other machines we just connect over the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back