Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Mobile Wireless Synch Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmurfin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
US
Hi All,

Using Exchange2003SP2, AS4.1, and have a Sprint 6700 w/WindowsMobile5.0 (no MSFP). I can synch connected to the cradle, and can synch wirelessly *only* after I do a soft-reset. When I re-cradle the device, it synchs up to the PC just fine.

I use the server name "outside.domainname" to connect to, since it's my OWA/OMA front-end, and the server is accessible from the Internet via HTTPS under that name. I have one internal DNS entry pointing to it's internal IP, and it also has a Public IP (but of course, I don't have that IP on my internal DNS). Internally, the server's NetBIOS name is 'corpex03'. That all seems to work fine for resolution, since in the cradle it resolves the 'outside..' host name to a 192.168.x.x address, and while uncradled, it picks up the public address from Sprint's DNS servers (I verified this via the VxUtil tool).

I am just not understanding why I cannot sync wirelessly without a soft-reset, since I can prove that it's resolving the correct public IP before I reset it. I've tried configs with PocketHosts, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks, All!
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back