Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Mobile ICS - Port forwarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfooshee

Vendor
Jan 28, 2003
US
I am able to use my HTC 6800 Windows Mobile 6 phone to browse the web from my laptop, but I'd like to give someone access to my laptop for remote control at a customer site. (It would go lots faster if he could configure the device by seeing my laptop remotely, instead of trying to talk me through it, and there's no phone line for a modem out there, and the device being configured is the only access to the Internet, so he'd get kicked off while configuring.)

I understand that Internet Connection Sharing from the Windows Mobile device makes the phone behave as a NAT router, my laptop gets a private IP with the phone as its gateway, but I don't know if there's a way to configure a port through the public IP to my laptop's private IP.

Can that be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back