Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows MMC Console cant see some Netware servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datong

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2005
GB
I have a Win2k3 server acting as my corporate AV control center for delivering and controlling my Antivirus on my Netware servers. I have several wan servers that I can see perfectly fine using the Console but there are also several that it wont see. I can ping them ok in both directions, I can install the AV to the server but when I go into the console and try and manage the server it will not see it. I have looked aroud the various forums but nothing is specific, even the debug info is useless. My servers are NW6.5 SP7 with the Corp AV v10 clients. Some servers work and others dont but I cant see any configuration differences between them to establish why the MMC can communicate with these particular servers. Does anyone now how or why this is so and what to check and how to fix it.
The NDS is fine and communicating properly. The 2k3 box is up to date and also working fine. Firewall is disabled so all ports are accessable. The switches and routers between wans are all the same and no traffic is being filtered.
Many thanks.

Found the solution. Took a LOT of digging but got it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back