Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows message ---Strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somnath74

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
IN
Hi all,
I am faced with a very difficult situation.We have an application with a thin client(on VC++) on a fat server.The application uses a pop-up page that is running fine in the development environment.However when run on the production environmnet it is giving a Windows failure as soon as the <Update> button to the screen is clicked.
The message is as follows:

&quot;The memmory at ........ referenced memory at ..... .The memory could not be read.&quot;

What is puzzling is that how can this happen that the same exes is behaving in different fashion in two environments.
Ours is an exe folder with dlls and grs(for grid variables).

Did anyone ever have this kind of a problem.The screen uses standard controls like buttons/grids(widgets)/Text box/Combo Box and so on.

Thanks in advance !

Somnath

The debugger allocates for each thing more memory, as it really needs. I have sometimes such situations. (Another thing: debug version works with device contexts not so, as release). So You have probably an array overflow or somewhat like this.

Hi,
Thanks for your response actually I am getting this problem while populating workspace variables.This workspace variable is actually an array of variables which is used by our Front End to pass on the values to the backend.

What can be a possible solution to get this thing in ordrer !
Any pointers in this matter shall be highly useful to me.

Best Regards

Somnath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back