Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows MediaPlayer Control (w/o controls such as play, pause, etc.) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub1700

Technical User
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to make an AVI file play on a form continuously. Currently, I have it in a Windows MediaPlayer control. However, I do not want to see the black frame around the video and all of the mediaplayer controls.

I am open to suggestions of another control if this is not possible. However, I do like the fact that the Windows MediaPlayer control allows me to resize the video when I resize the control. Also, I have a GIF version of the same video, but from searching posts and playing around with the GIF in VB, I found that it wasn't the best way to go.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ

It is possible. You need to find a website that has the documentation for the version of the Media Player control you are using. You can set attributes for turning on and off the controls, etc. Don't remember them but it is possible.

I suggest starting at go to MSDN Library and look for docs on the media player control.

TJR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back