Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Media player 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

newrican

Technical User
May 31, 2003
KR
I looked but I really didn't find a forum for these question, so, here it is: I currently have WMP 8 and am thinking about upgrading to WMP 9. Is the upgrade worth it(other then the new look and all)? Will I be compromising my MP3's to Microsoft (DRMR)?

Try your luck here.

Most upgrades seem to be problem free. I have seen one or two reports about losing access to Full Screen mode in WMP 9 with some XP systems.

If you try it make sure you have a System Restore Point to get back to Wmp 8, because there is no uninstall with 9.

Thanks! The link provided was of great help to me. It does look like a worth while upgrade.[thumbsup]

Just make sure that if you have FRESH UI installed it will prevent you from changing your new player to full mode, you have to delete the WMP option in the program to reactivate your full mode.

[li] The onlllly problem I have encountered is that if you have an Antivirus System like Norton, invariably your "FIND ALBIM INFO" will fail, you have to disable autoprotect to make this process snappy and then it works like a charm [/li]

If you don't have it installed then it's definitely worth your while....
cheers
zofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back