Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows ME more unsecure than other OS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidar

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
IS
My sister has to use laptop in school and has to be connected there through wireless network adapter.
The schools network admin told her to buy the adapter, but now he says he won´t allow her to access.
Reasoning: Windows ME is too unsecure, that it´s easier to hack in it than other OS.

I need friendly pointers to persuade him off his opinion.

The denial should be accepted if, and only if Win95 and Win98 machines also are excluded. WinME differs slightly from Win98.

If its a domain she's logging on to, where's the problem with the security of HER machine? As long as her domain user only has access to what its supposed to. As Panderson says, win9x similar to ME - but its her workstation that can be logged onto (locally only) by anyone who knows how to get round the attempts at security there - not with access to the network without her (or another valid network)user/password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back