Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deak

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
I am havin an issue setting up My Verizon E-mail on my Vista Home Premium Laptop. I am ablw to recv e-mails however I cant send e-mail from the Laptop I can from my desktop no issue. I recv an error message that states:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I called Verizon & they say all is setup correctly on the laptop that its got to be something in Vista. I searched Microsofts Web site & found this error mentioned & I verified all the settings & I do have the my server requires Authentication is checked & uses the same as Incoming which is working fine. This is the link of what I tried already from Microsofts Web Site:

Error 10061 seems to mean that no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. So Verizon is actively blocking your connection to the outgoing mail server.

On the E-mail Account's, Property page, Outgoing Mail Server, what happens if you remove the tick from the box "My server requires authentication"? Can you connect then?

One other thing you could check is to see how it all goes if you run the machine as a test in "Safe Mode With Networking", or from Normal Mode as another user with a freshly setup E-mail Account.

Thanks for the Tips I did try the Requires Authentication however it made no differance I will try Safe Mode with networking here later today & see what Happens with that! Thanks for the ideas & thoughts linney

Try temporarily disabling any anti-spam software and the e-mail checking component of you antivirus software.

Hi -- I believe the port # for incoming is 465 and not 25
worth a try.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back