Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIndows Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml23sh

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
Is there any way to call the windows login screen when a user opens a particular application? My application is going to be used on an intranet, but only certain people are allowed access. So I want to challenge them again and have them enter their windows username, password, and domain. I figure the easiest way to do this would be to just call the windows login screen up again. Is there any way of doing this?
Thanks!,
-Matt

you want to get the passwords of individuals on your school network. not a good thing. you should make a fresh login yourself with new passwords.

>you want to get the passwords of individuals

No,he doesn't. He merely wants the system to raise a new password challenge. There's no sugestion in the question about trying to 'get' their passwords.

if you are doing this on an intranet, then you can achieve the result by setting the security settings for the website. Set them so that an NT challenge/response is required for specified users.

THanks for you input about the challenge response! That is what I am currently using. However, I would like to flush the Authentication credentials that IE caches during a user session so I can force reauthentication without having to close the browser and open it again. So if they leave my site and return to it using the same browser window they will be challenged again. NT Challenge/Response doesn't do this...any ideas? Thanks!

-Matt

In itself it doesn't, no.

You need to investigate ASP's Session object, which has bot a timeout property (which defaults to 20 minutes), and an abandon method. You may also want to consider enabling content expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back