Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Live Messenger question. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotorTorque

Programmer
Apr 29, 2007
US
Hi all,
Windows Live Messenger Login screen appears when I login to my computer. It just started appearing 2 days ago. Could people view my screen via this program? If so, how can I remove it? I tried removing it using Add/Remove Programs yesterday but when I logged in this morning, there it was again.

Thanks in advance,
RotorTorque ;-)

People can not see your screen with this unless your running a webcam. Go into options on it, go under general tab and there should be an option that says "start messenger with windows" or something of the nature. Uncheck it , hit apply and ok and it should leave you alone from now on.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

If it still appears after that let us know.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

electronicsfreak,
Thank you for your quick response.

RotorTorque :)

n/p, did that solve the problem?

Great and thanks for the star!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back