Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Live Mail stops connecting to email and gives error 0x80048820?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2c

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
GB
My Windows Live Mail has stopped connecting to my email and delivers error message 0x80048820. I can access my email online with the exception of BT, who are having problems with their system. When Windows Live Mail worked it was very good with all email accounts except for the occasional failure to send dwelling in the outbox? Any suggestion or help welcome.

And does Windows Live Mail pick up messages from BT normally?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

UPDATE>>>I tried to do the update that came in but it asks me to uninstall the version I have installed and then install the 2011 version.
Error 0x80280008 is reported. will report back

Have now done the update installation and still the same?

The error code is simply a generic one from a DLL that can have many, many causes, and to fix requires knowing the source, as Windows live is only the catalyst in this case.

Have you booted to "safe mode" then restarted normally?

Have you run "system file check" in a elevated command prompt? (Start a command window with "Run as Administrator" then enter sfc /scannow)

Have you disabled any firewall and/or antivirus then checked?

Have you disabled any "plugins"?

Have you disabled the accounts one by one and tried?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Well good news, it's sorted itself out but I am not sure exactly how..LOL. I think it may have been something to do with the renewal of the antivirus as it was just after that it cured itself. I think it is a new installation of Windows Live Mail that was offered that's done the trick. Thanks for your help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back