Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows kernel, Filter in a COM port (Help !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanC

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
FR
Hi

I need to implement a filter in the COM port stack.

This filter (API) should be able to modify the string sent by an application A to a modem (I do not have any control of the application A, so I need to intercept information in the COM port). The modification is done by an application B connected to the filter ( In the same way, the information coming from the modem shoud be modified by the application B before it is has been sent to the application A).

On the other hand, the application B should be able to communicate with the modem without responding to A (One request from A could produce several B requests to the modem before responding to A)

Do you know if there is some work done or an available tool to answer to such a problem?

Thanks very much for your help.

I got similar prob. Need to capture a 3 digit code from serial port, then use it as a filename to call up a .WAV file. The whole process is automated, so I got no control of what's coming in on COM.
I wondered if it is possible to use Hyperterminal for data capture and then extract it for use in an application. I tried using terminal - it works, but what to do with the data? How to extract it - I don't know. Any ideas on that?

Simtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back