Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Forms Control Library References - Visual Studio 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOUSMANBE

Programmer
May 1, 2013
US
We have a user-control as a Windows Forms Control Library, in this project it references some of the same DLL's that our other projects use.

My problem is that when we try to use this user-control in our other projects, it's saying it's missing references to the other DLL's since they're in a different folder.

Example:
ABC.dll is referenced in Project1 and in the user-control and is located in "C:\Program Files\MyProjects\Project1"
DEF.dll is the user-control from above which I want to add to Project1 and it's located in "C:\Program Files\MyProjects\Project1\UserControls"

Whenever I try to add DEF.dll to my Toolbox in Project1, it's saying it can't find "C:\Program Files\MyProjects\Project1\UserControls\ABC.dll" even though in the DEF project, I have it referencing the ABC.dll path correctly.

If I put ABC.dll in "C:\Program Files\MyProjects\Project1\UserControls" (setting CopyLocal = true) it works fine but then I have the same ABC.dll in multiple folders.

Is there a way to get this to work properly without having the same ABC.dll in multiple folders?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back