Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrock

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2008
I have a 3rd party Electronic Medical Records Program that I administer and it has a custom built fax program that rides on top of the Windows XP fax manager program. Basically it just sends requests through XP fax. From one company almost every time they send a fax to us they get a confirmation page that all pages were sent successfully but all i get is one page with a small dot in the center of it. They are the only sender that i have this problem from and we get probably 100-200 faxes a day on this "faxserver". I know that this should be there problem but being that they are one of our most prominent providers of records I need to try to make this work. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue? Is it a data transmission error or could it just be a faulty connection between the two machines? any help would be greatly appreciated

Do you know if they are also sending from a fax server? I've heard of issues when it's not a dedicated fax coming in...

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

No, I don't believe they are, I think they are sending from a standard fax machine but I can check that out for sure.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back