Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Explorer Web View

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I am currently running w2k with sp3 and have had no real problems until now.
I am unable to view my windows explorer with the webview enabled. I have looked on Tools | Folder Options and this is set as webview, but when i try to look at anything within explorer it just gives me the classic view of folders.
There is no image preview or webview available or ability to play music files with opening the mp3 player, which is proving a real pain in the a$$, as I spend a lot of time within Explorer and don't really want to be opening lots of other apps.

The only thing which I did previous to this happening, was I downloaded and ran a program called Xen, which was recommended to solve another problem on this thread:
thread608-288473

Now I am thinking that maybe I have unintentionally disabled something, but I was very selective with what I chose to do with this application.

Is there anything which I could do to resolve this problem, maybe a reg tweak or similar?

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Sharks

Registry cleaners often create an undo reg file (which will return all cleaned entries to registry in the event of a problem - like the one you're having). Does Xen have this feature - as it seems very likely its cleaned something it shouldn't have?

If not, hopefully someone will know which registry keys you need to restore manually.

PS. I've user the registry cleaner in powertools here - never caused me a problem yet (touch wood!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back