Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Explorer Tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougHomeOffice

Programmer
Oct 31, 2001
US
In my Windows Explorer my File Folders on the Left is now a "Tree" with + and - It's driving my eyes crazy. How do i change it back. I can't find the setting.
---------------
change it back to the "new" side view??.....
with out the tree view....??
-------------------

Change it back to anything. Right now it is an all white background (on the left) with black writing and tree only. I guess the standard is folder pictures and pictures by the drives. i don't know what the new side view is

well when you open windows explorer you will get the tree view...if you open my computer you will get the "groups" view...if when in Windows Explorer you want to get ride of the tree view look at the top of the 'tree view' there will be a 'x' to close it...press it and you will have a different view there where you now have options,details, and a list of common places....

is this what you want...sorry if not.....

CS

Ok gettin there, but it clears the window on the left and how do i get back to the way it looked before i hit the "x"

-Doug

you mean to get it back to the + - view on the left...after you click the 'x'.......or to get the right part of the screen to look different....I am currentlyl on a win98 cpu...so I can't test this theory out...but at the top menu find a menu item titled view....is there something in there for you...or onthe tool bar menu click the 'sort/view' menu item this will change the order/view of the current folder/window......

are we getting there or am I way off of what you want.....I noticed we have two threads going here...which one would you like to use....so we don't get lost or further behind??!!

CS

I guess i'll try the other thread (Microsoft Solution late) thanks for your help. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

-Doug

Doug, I understand what you mean, you want the shorcut links on the side with all the "pretty colors" instead of classic tree view. On the toolbar up top, there should be a button called folders and it should be depressed, click it to deselect it and it should bring that icon view back

JRoenick

This problem is an unpublished MS error when ther is no "c" drive

It was resolved in the command prompt

email me if you need these answers

dougred@optonline.net

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back