Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows error when my apps exit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardenb

Programmer
Oct 24, 2004
US
Windows is showing an error for a number of my compiled vb6 apps AFTER I have closed them: "{app name}has encountered a problem and needs to close". The error only shows after the app appears to have closed. Some of the affected apps have been unchanged (no recompile) for years and there are also apps, new and old, that have not yet returned the error.

All of the error details reference msvbvm60.dll. I have installed a new copy of this dll but the error persists.

Any thoughts?

Did you ever find any solution to this issue? I'm just curious.

For one, it would have been helpful if you provided as much detail as possible, such as:
1. What specific version of Windows, as well as 32/64 bit?
2. ANY similarities between these programs?
3. Was this after a new installation of Windows? An upgrade of Windows? Some other major software change?
4. Do you have any security apps (antivirus, firewall, anti-malware, etc) installed running any live protection?

I seem to have fixed it by unloading each form before "end"ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back