Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Drop Down Menu's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2000
US
On the window screen the drop down menu's - such as File, Edit, View, etc. Where can I adjust the speed that the menu comes up. Someone has played with one of our systems, and THEY can't remember what they did, BUT... When you click on one of them... such as File.... slowly down moves the commands under file.. such as open save, etc. Personally I didn't know you could control the speed, but this person could. Help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...

Sounds to me like maybe you have a virus? You do virus scan? Maybe you should think about Fdisking and reinstalling your OS all over again and start with a nice clean fresh HD. I think that is what I would do. There is no adjustment to make the menus go fast or slow. Have a good day.....Harley............xharleyx@earthlink.net

Actually, "TueakUI" can adjust menu drop down speeds. I'd actually look more towards a memory problem. Perhaps you system is swapping out to the virtual memory ?

Bill.

I think you might have to have Windows95/98 PLUS for this but, you can go to desktop properties (right clik on desktop, properties) then go to the effects tab and uncheck the "Animate windows, menus and lists" box. Hope this helps!

Is it just the one application it works in, if so does the whole thing run slower too ?? I know I've had fiddlers who like to tweak their pc's who have done similar.

Well with what you have told me it sounds like you might want to run a virus check on your computer if you have one. Because it sounds like that when that person was on your computer that maybe by accident or purposely put a virus in the computer. Just something to check into.

I have checked several times for viruses but none were found. the only thing that is wrong with the machine is the slow pull down menus. AMGV84 suggestion has helped to the point that I don't have to worry about it for awhile. the menus come down much faster... So thanks to AMGV84 and all those that gave me ideas of where to look.. IT means a lot when we can count on each other to help out, as with all those that responded did - thanks again to everyone, and maybe in another life time I can find out just what this person was playing with to cause this. Thanks again..

There is a way it can be done-I read it somewhere,just can't remember where or how! Pretty unhelpful huh? But it involves registry editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back